Wednesday, February 20, 2008

illusion & inspiration

"Painting comes to reality through illusion. An illusion that allows us to make a leap of faith; to believe. To believe in a blue that can be the wing of a bug or a thought. It makes our invisible visible."~ Squeak Carnwath






I have been devloping some pictures of my recent trip to NOLA for the first weekend of Mardi Gras. If anyone gets down there I now have original Paintings at 2 fabulous shops on Magazine Street... Please check them out as the city still needs your dollars..Barrett House is run by Brandee Barrett and is filled with wonderful teak furnishings as well as gifts and art.


The other is Object Trouves filled with antique prints, jewelry, art, & whimsical gifts.


You can find them both on this page of the Magazine Street Association.



Some of the pictures are from Lafayette Cemetery No 1. I have printed them in sepia tones which give them the illusion of being older than they are.. I really adore them.. They are available at my gallery if you are interested. Part of the proceeds from the sale of them are going straight back to the Save Our Cemeteries Fund in NOLA. They are just falling apart. I think some of the tombs are just so old there is no family left to help maintain them.


Lafayette Cemetery No. 1

enjoy your wednesday!

heARTfully,,, jen








No comments: